Become a Pet Partners Licensed Instructor
A Pet Partners Instructor is an experienced Therapy Animal Team volunteer who has completed and passed training to be licensed to teach prospective new volunteer teams. View the detailed Instructor Volunteer Job Description (pdf) Prerequisites:
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be a current registered Pet Partners Therapy Animal Team volunteer for at least two years - either as a Pet Partners volunteer with an animal, or a Pet Partners volunteer without an animal.
- Must have 50 combined hours of visiting experience, or shadowing in the case of a volunteer without an animal, with multiple client populations in at least two or more different environments within the previous two years.
- Must identify a licensed Team Evaluator in your area who you are able to direct teams to for evaluation.
Steps to Becoming a Pet Partners Instructor:
- Complete the Pet Partners Instructor Qualification form.
- Enrollment for new instructors began on October 1, 2014.
- NOTE: proof of hours should include facility name, type of facility (school, library, hospital, hospice, etc.), client population (children, adults, seniors, veterans, etc.), and hours visited in last 24 months. Email or letter from facility and/or visiting logs are acceptable.
- Evaluators near you may be found using the directory.
- Pass the Instructor Online Course
- Submit Instructor Licensing Agreement with payment