The AAT Applications 1 Course
The AAT Applications 1 course is a highly interactive course, engaging students immediately in hands-on exercises. In this course, students will learn to work with animal-handler teams to provide AAT to their clients, and learn to incorporate and practice AAT techniques.
Who should attend this course?
* Addiction Counselors
* Child Life Specialists
* Mental Health Providers
* Physical Therapists
* Occupational Therapists
* Recreation Therapists
* Speech / Language Pathologists
* Social Workers
* Other Healthcare Professionals
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the difference between a service animal and a therapy animal.
- Identify three assessment criteria for client participation in AAT.
- Analyze dynamics that impact selection of appropriate animal-handler teams.
- Identify four behavioral indicators of animal stress.
- Identify two ways an animal may be incorporated into client treatment plans.
- Identify three documentation formats applicable to AAT.
- Locate three reference works for standards-based AAT practice.
Looking for a course?
Select the Courses and Conferences link on the left side of the page or contact one of the instructors via the directory below.
AAT Applications 1 Course Instructor Directory