|Careers at Pet Partners®
Updated: July 7, 2014
Do you have a passion for animals and people? Do you believe in the healing benefits of human-animal interactions? Pet Partners may be the place where you can find career fulfillment.
Volunteer Engagement & Support Specialist
Pet Partners is seeking a service-oriented administrative professional to work in our Bellevue, Washington headquarters office as part of a team responsible for supporting approximately 11,000 therapy animal team volunteers across the USA. (Note that we are not offering relocation benefits.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Answer and screen incoming phone calls, providing answers or directing calls to the appropriate party.
* Handle incoming data requests from volunteers, and resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
* Prepare written responses to routine inquiries and draft documentation processes.
* Greet guests and coordinate meetings, as needed.
* Receive, open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including fax, email, and mail; sign for packages and deliveries as required.
* Receive, stamp and distribute incoming donations and volunteer payments.
* Manage multiple email inboxes, providing answers to inquiries directly where possible and redirecting other emails to the appropriate party.
* Create and maintain volunteer records in the CRM system, and perform queries as requested by staff or volunteers.
* Scan registration documents, photos, and other correspondence to the server.
* Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
* Bachelor’s degree plus two years of administrative or customer service related responsibility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Intermediate knowledge and skills with PC operation and software including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; experience with and knowledge of a CRM database system such as Salesforce preferred.
* Exceptional customer service orientation, with strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Excellent attention to detail, including data entry accuracy managing high-volume workload.
* Sound judgment as it relates to policy interpretation and enforcement.
* Strong decision making skills and the ability to identify how and when to escalate issues.
* Ability to quickly apply new concepts in practice and leverage technology to support business goals.
* Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and team member.
* Ability to work independently, showing initiative and working effectively and efficiently with minimal direction.
* Enjoys creative problem solving and is open to innovation and dynamic change.
Position: Full-time, non-exempt: 37.50 hours/week (8:30am - 4:30pm, M-F, in Bellevue Office)
Salary & Benefits: $29,250 Annual / $15 per hour with full benefit package
A background check will be conducted on selected applicant(s).
View the complete job description for this position here.
To apply, please submit a résumé and cover letter via email to email@example.com by Friday, July 18, 2014. No phone calls please.
To explore volunteer (non-paid) opportunities (with or without a pet), please refer to our Volunteer Opportunities page.