Thank you for your interest in employment with Pet Partners, a national 501c3 human-services organization dedicated to improving people’s health and well-being through positive interactions with animals. Our staff team members are dedicated professionals working collaboratively to advance our mission through dynamic engagement and best-in-class training for a wide variety of partners – both human and animal.
Pet Partners is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. We offer a unique work environment, competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, a 403(b) retirement plan, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick leave, vacation, holidays and staff appreciation days; we do not cover relocation expenses.
We post available employment opportunities on our website, and accept résumés for current openings. Unsolicited materials will not be retained. A background check will be conducted on final candidate(s) for employment.
Pet Partners is seeking a detail-oriented, tech-savvy, resourceful, and self-motivated team player who will be responsible for administering all aspects of the accounting function, including revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, cash management, inventory tracking, and month end close.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processing daily accounting transactions related to AP, AR, payroll, GL, cash, and inventory.
• Creating journal entries, maintaining schedules and supporting calculations, performing month-end reconciliations, and investigating variances in accounts to ensure accuracy and timeliness in financial reporting.
• Coordinating year-end activities including the annual audit and 990 preparation (supporting audit schedules, footnote support, and variance analysis and related research);
• Assisting with the preparation of the annual 990 filing, including expense allocations, supporting schedules, and related research and analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, show initiative, provide leadership, prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced diversified workplace. Experience with nonprofit accounting standards, financial statement preparation, footnote disclosure and 990 nonprofit tax return preparations is highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business required.
• Three plus years of experience required; nonprofit experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of GAAP and/or ability to research accounting issues.
• Experience with project accounting a plus.
• Advanced Excel skills required; proficiency with QuickBooks strongly preferred.
• Experience with CRM (Salesforce) strongly preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Self-starter and experienced problem solver.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to independently manage deadlines, expectations, and workload.
• Collaborative team player.
Position: Full-time, Exempt – general business hours 8:30am – 4:30pm, Monday-Friday at headquarters in Bellevue, WA. Telecommuting is not an option for this role.
Salary & Benefits: DOE with full benefit package; Pet Partners does not cover relocation expenses.
To review the complete job description for this position, please click here.
A background check will be conducted on selected applicant(s).
To apply, please submit a résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm, Friday, August 14, 2015. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please. No recruiting assistance desired.